Hello there! My name is Julianna Haase and I am a sophomore at Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina. Born and raised in Princeton, New Jersey by a southern mother, I’m a northern girl with a southern heart. I have always wanted to trade in the hustle and bustle of the north to live in the south so it is so exciting that I finally get to be here.
I have made this blog for my digital communications class within the Communication Studies department. I will be writing about a multitude of topics, mostly relating to how digital communication has reshaped the world we live in today.
Here’s a couple fun facts about myself:
- Where would your dream holiday be?
I would want to celebrate Christmas in Switzerland. My parents went on their honeymoon there and I have always wanted to visit.
- What sound do you love?
I love the sound of waves crashing on the beach and falling asleep to the sound of rain.
- If you could be any fictional character who would you be?
I would want to be Nancy Drew. My first name is actually Nancy and she made me like my name a lot more when I was younger.
- If you were a super villain or a super hero, what would your super powers be?
I would have the power of invisibility and the power to stop time.
- What other languages can you speak?
I speak French (not very well) and want to go to Paris more than anything.
- Do you love or hate rollercoasters?
I used to be absolutely horrified but now I love them.
- Do you collect anything?
I collect two dollars bills and foreign money. My dad used to bring them to me from his business trips.
- What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
Either Arthur or Dragon Tales
- What was the coolest thing you’ve ever been for Halloween?
It’d have to be between when I was a Hershey’s chocolate bar or an Ole Miss cheerleader.
- What ice cream flavors do you love/hate?
I love cookie dough, mint chocolate chip and Oreo and I don’t like anything that’s unnaturally colored.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Dog person but I have a social cat named Duchess and I’d have to say she’s the coolest cat I know.
- What’s your fondest childhood memory?
My favorite memories of my childhood all involve being outside. I loved playing games with my sisters and my dog in our backyard and one of my favorite things was visiting my grandparents in Dallas and playing on the swings and in the sandbox for hours. Both of these remind me of family and all being together and that is something I will always cherish.
- Would you rather be poor and happy, or rich and miserable?
Poor and happy.
- What was your favorite food as a child?
I loved a grilled cheese and tomato soup.
- What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
My favorite time of day is right when the sun is rising and unfortunately I don’t get to see it very often. My favorite day of the week is Friday of course and my favorite month(s) are May and June.
- What are your favorite quotes?
“Every breath is a gift”
“Feed your faith and your fears will starve”
Thanks for reading!